I typically steer clear of celebrity skincare and makeup lines but there are a few that I’ve tried and usually there’s a product or two that I like. One of those brands is Honest Beauty. They were kind enough to send me some products to give a test run, plus a friend gave me her Refreshingly Clean Makeup Remover Wipes when I told her I was testing other products (some friends are so awesome!). I was impressed with the packaging of their products – clean and sleek. It’s beautiful and I love pulling out a lip crayon because it’s bright and shiny!
The products sent to me by Honest Beauty are available to purchase individually plus there are sets which are a great value. The sets I received are “Jessica’s Favorites” and “Nothing But Lips.”
Jessica’s Favorites includes the products below (3 travel size, 4 full size) and a travel bag
- The sleek travel bag is embossed on the outside with snake print. The inside has two compartments with adorable lining. A similar bag on their website is $17 at the moment.
- Beyond Hydrated Shampoo and Conditioner $20 full size – these have a creamy consistency which isn’t too thick and leaves hair soft and smooth.
- Honestly Effortless Sea Salt Spray $18 full size – lovely product that helps give you beachy waves; it provides texture to fine hair (like myself – and yes, I did use this!).
- Truly Kissable Lip Crayon in Sheer Chestnut Kiss $18 – I like the sheer lip crayons quite a bit (see below for my thoughts on the difference between the Sheer and Demi Matte Lip Crayons)
- The Younger Eye Cream $28 – this was the surprise product of the bunch! It’s lightweight and not too thick or thin. My eye area is typically very dry so my skin in this area likes to soak up anything I apply. Very few products provide enough moisture without my eyes looking crepey because the cream has been all soaked up. I will be finishing this tube of eye cream.
- Everything Primer Luminous Base $27 – I had no expectation of this primer. I don’t use makeup primers because I’ve never been convinced they work. I used this during the winter when my skin was dry for luminosity, not as a primer so I cannot give my opinion as to that aspect. This product gives your skin a lovely glow. It has a tint that blends into the skin beautifully.
- Magic Balm $18 – this is a universal lightweight balm. Great for use on the cuticles, give your skin an extra glow, or soothe and soften rough spots.
Nothing But Lips
This set has three Truly Kissable Lip Crayons which the website calls Demi Matte. The shades are Mulberry Kiss, Peony Kiss, and Champagne Kiss. $18 each.
Lip Crayon shades from top to bottom (on my hand) and left to right (the photo of the pencils: Champagne Kiss, Peony Kiss, Mulberry Kiss and Sheer Chestnut Kiss.
My experience: Both Sheer and Demi Matte crayons are moisturizing, creamy and feel soft on my lips. The Sheer crayon feels a bit thicker and wears longer. The Demi Matte lip crayons feel very lightweight and the color is opaque.
Refreshingly Clean Makeup Remover Wipes
Price: $10 for 30 pre-moistened wipes
These remove makeup and leave the skin feeling soft.
Look at this ingredient list and ask yourself what you don’t see:
Water (Aqua, Eau), Polysorbate 20, Isopropyl Palmitate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavandin) Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Leaf Extract, Cymbopogon Martini (Palma Rosa) Oil, Geranium Maculatum Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Abies Sibirica (Fir Needle) Oil, Glycerin, Xylitol, Silver Citrate, Citric Acid
Answer: Alcohol. I’m not an ingredient guru so I’m not going to break it all down for you, but a quick glance and you can see they have some nice ingredients.
Bonus: although you should rinse your face after using wipes Honest Beauty says it’s not required (but they do recommend that you rinse and I do as well).
Honest Beauty products can be purchased at their website and some retail stores such as Target and Ulta.
Honestly Free Guarantee: Made without parabens, paraffins, silicones, talc, petrolatum, mineral oil, or synthetic fragrances.
Have you tried any products from Honest Beauty? I’d love to know which products and your experience.
* Don’t want to miss future posts? Sign up for email, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Blovlovin!